Author:  Phizzy Chan
Title:  No Peeking

Disclaimer: Slayers belongs to Hajime Kanzaka, and I make no profit from this story

An LJ kink challenge. Someone asked for a story where Xellos peeks on Lina and Gourry for profit and fun. I stepped up and delivered.

Takes place sometime during Revolution, like right after, or right before episode seven. Might be an AU thing actually.




“This way, this way.”

Amelia looked up from her poor, depleted purse. The few coins in it jingled, but didn’t draw her attention. Due to such an odd sight, not even Zelgadiss’ constant moaning and groans could distract her--although, they normally had such an effect on her. Just thinking about the noises he made whenever he got a massage could make her drop whatever she was holding…

Slowly, she tucked her purse away. Hope filled her heart, like an overflowing dam, like pus spilling from a gangrenous wound, like food from Lina’s lips when she first saw Gourry in his new bathing suit.

Had Xellos changed his evil, conniving ways to be a true hero of justice?

Sudden suspicion made her wary, and she watched the Mazoku leading the people, mostly men, through the ship. The group stopped, and rested in a half circle around the side of the cabin. He was saying something to them, but the princess was too far to hear properly.

Should she see what he was doing, or run and get help? It might be something innocent…or something that would bring disaster upon all of them. You just didn’t know with Xellos.

‘But, it’s unfair to hold a grudge’ She argued.

‘But, since when was Xellos so helpful without an unjust motive?’ Another part, which sounded like a mix of Zelgadiss and Lina, argued back.

‘He might have changed…’

‘Or he might be planning something.’

Carefully, Amelia sat up and tried to walk nonchalantly over to the small, but growing group. The Mazoku’s grin must have been contagious, because several of the people he was guiding were smiling. She couldn’t entirely say the smiles were pleasant, they matched Lina’s far too much, but it was still nice to see people enjoying themselves. As she made her way over, she saw that Xellos had his yellow purse/bag resting at his feet.

There was enough silver in it to bring Lina to tears. It nearly overflowed the bag, and Amelia wondered if she could talk Xellos into paying for part of this so-very-expensive cruise. She stared at the money for a second, not seeing the leering grins the people around were giving her.

“Why, Miss Amelia, I didn’t know you enjoyed these shows.” His smile was nothing but innocent.

“Shows? Mister Xellos, what--?”

“Wait,” He held a gloved hand up, the smile twitching slightly. “It’s about to begin.”

A stranger, a boy no older than a child, protested.

“She hadn’t paid yet—“

“I’ll let her pass. This time. Now,” The purple-haired Mazoku held a finger to his lips, quieting them.

“It’s about to begin.” He repeated.

Amelia looked at him. She was reminded of those action/adventure books she’d read, where right before the action started, someone would dramatically announce that ‘it’s begun.’ But, what exactly…The dark-haired princess realized that everyone was camped around a window, one mostly hidden by a sail cloth thrown over a long bar that rested above it.

Carefully, and silently, Xellos began gesturing to people. It looked as though he was a commander ordering solders around a battleground. Several people took steps forward, all of them grinning. When Amelia saw Xellos make a waving gesture to her, she couldn’t resist joining the rest of the people lined up.

With a little grin, the Mazoku used his staff to lift part of the cloth, allowing his audience a small peak in.

At first, Amelia couldn’t see much. It was so dark she needed a minute to adjust from all the time spent on the sunny deck. All the princess could see was a little, slightly dank room. There were two tiny dressers, two tiny beds, one covered with clothes, and suitcases scattered about. She should know it well by now, considering it was the room she shared with Lina.

Then she saw a flash of red and gold. Lina? Gourry? What—

Why was Gourry doing that? Why was Lina lifted up his shirt? Why was she kissing his chest? Was she sucking his nipples? Was that Gourry’s hand in Lina’s pants? Then Lina’s hands were in her guardian’s, and Amelia thought she probably knew what was going on.

Horrified, she turned away. But just momentarily.

She had no idea Lina was so flexible. Or so quick. Huh, they were already half undressed, and not even on the bed yet.

She should look away, this were her two close friends, but…Another part of her was just so *happy* they were together and expressing their love. After so long, after so many years of denying their feelings, finally, they were together! Love and justice won after all!

She crossed her arms across her chest, happy, and ignorant of the stares people were giving her. And she ignored the sexually repressed and curious part that wondered about sex, and how comfortable that position was for them exactly. She also ignored the glass fogging up as she stared at the couple intently.

They were kissing, one of Gourry’s hands was up Lina’s shirt, the other doing something lower. Lina yelled something (it was muffled by the glass) and Amelia was pretty sure it was something complimentary about Gourry’s lowered hand. Then Gourry was kissing her neck, pulling the shirt higher, and moving even closer to Lina. The sorceress yelled something else out, and this time she could hear it.

Tears came to the short girl’s eyes.

“Yes, finally! You tell him how much you love Mister Gourry, Miss Lina! You don’t have to be afraid of your feelings, just like I was telling you!”

The curtains abruptly fell, with such a shock Amelia almost flinched. Light flooded the previously dark room. Everything was bright, and clear.

There was too much light then, like something was ablaze, but coming from the *room* and Amelia realized later that it had been Lina’s *eyes*. The sorceress was twisting in her swordsman’s grasp, awkwardly moving like a doll that was possessed with a million spiders. Amelia would have given anything to be far, far away. Gourry was looking up, shock written clear on his face, and there was a sickening pit of fear growing in Amelia’s stomach. Light coming from the window glinted on Lina’s fangs. There were too-many teeth in that mouth. Far too many.

But she could not turn away, could not turn her eyes from them, and for that Amelia was damned.

“And I let you watch for free! For shame Amelia!”

Absurdly, Amelia felt almost guilty. It was true, she hadn’t paid…Then she saw that the staff Xellos was still holding up was shaking. And that the hand holding the staff had a slight quiver to it, and the person who possessed that hand was going slightly grey. There was still a small grin on his face. He looked like he was going insane. Still, Amelia envied him. At least he could teleport away.

She was so cold, hadn’t it been a warm day? Hadn’t it been very hot with all the humanity pressed around her, watching the…the event. Without turning around, Amelia realized that everyone had run away. Only Xellos remained, as transfixed on the…event, as she was. Only they had remained, and only they were marked.

The universe was at a standstill. Lina didn’t move. Gourry didn’t move. Xellos and Amelia couldn’t move, could only stare, and in the Mazoku’s case, the hand holding the staff could only shake.

Lina’s smile grew.

Amelia felt the pit where here stomach had once been growing deeper. Xellos’ hand shook more.

Gourry still just looked confused.

Lina turned her head around. Gourry shuddered oddly, his face still a mask of non-understanding. Slowly, the sorceress slid off her tall blond something (friend, lover, mate or victim? Amelia didn’t know), took his hand in hers, and let him to one of the beds.

Were they safe? Was everything okay? Where was Zelgadiss? She wished he was here, she wished her daddy, and her older sister and her mommy were here too.

Xellos shivered, and without a word, disappeared. Later on, Amelia would realize that the bag of silver had left with him.

For the rest of her life, Amelia would wonder about that day, and wonder what Xellos had been thinking, what he had been feeling. She blinked, and then blinked again. Her eyes needed another second to adjust again, since the blinding had disappeared.

Something was wrong, something amiss. What--?

Her tongue was tied. The princess struggled with her mouth and throat. All she could do was yell out.

“No, not on my bed!”

Go Back To Archive