Author:  Suten Net
Title:  Vergüenza Chapter 1

Part One: Vergüenza

Chapter [1] [2] [3] [4]


Rating: NC-17 Pairing: Valgaav/Filia. Feedback: Yes, please. Characters: Valgaav, Filia, Xelloss, & the Slayers. Betas: Tara-hime, Jenee; (Frau Eva), Zanne Chaos, AmeriaSaillune39, and the members of the Valfilia Yahoo!Group. Notes of the Authress: Many thanks to the Valfilia Yahoo!Group. Disclaimer: I own the story, but nothing else. No money, just fun. Applies to all chapters.


***


          "Valgaav, please! I must know...the truth."

          His face whipped towards hers; his eyes narrowed, nostrils flaring, and teeth bared, he snarled at her,

          "Go home, little female."

          She flinched back slightly, but continued to look into his eyes for the answer she sought. He stared into her eyes as well and he could not help but soften then. In that instant she saw into his soul and knew the truth.

          Filia let out a long wail and threaded her fingers through her hair viscously. The sound pierced through him, keeping him from looking away from her form as she slowly crumpled to her knees.

          She mourned for her Kind's sins and, just maybe, she mourned for his Kind as well. He moved towards her until he loomed over her. She was still gripping her hair hard and her face was streaked with tears. More tears pooled in her eyes as she looked up at him. Her parted lips showed her fangs as she made soft mewling sounds in the back of her throat.

          "Now, you know," he said softly, turning from her. He began to move away.

          "No!" Filia moaned, long and low. He did not pause, but looked back on her anyway and then turned his eyes away from her again. Filia picked herself up and stumbled after him.

          "Wait! Please!" Filia slipped her arms around his waist with conviction and held onto him carefully. He stopped and stood there, his features remaining impassive. Filia tugged against him, urging him to turn around and face her. He slowly turned to face her and pushed her down to the ground by her shoulder.

          "Leave. Me. Be." Before he could move out of her reach again, she grabbed his arm and held on tightly.

          "Please," Filia whispered, "do not bring the Dark Lord, Dark Star, into this world. If you wish revenge, I beg of you - take it on me. My Kind has committed a grievous sin against yours, and it is only right that you should hate my Kind. Please, leave this world in peace. I offer myself up to you. Rend me to pieces if you like, but please, let this world be. Please...." Filia sobbed softly as she hung her head. Valgaav's face twisted and hardened into a sneer. He laughed at her in an almost maniacal manner as he threw his head back. Filia blinked her eyes wide as she looked up at him.

          "Why do you laugh at me?" Filia wrinkled her brows in confusion. His laughter died down, and he continued to sneer as he looked at her. He laughed low and softly at her.

          "So the little female offers herself up to me as if the price of her life is enough to counterbalance the genocide of my Kind. How amusing."

          Filia gripped his arm tighter in panic as she shook her head in denial.

          "I know that my life is not nearly enough to pay for the sins of my Kind, but...it is the only thing I have to offer." She looked up at him in earnest now as she tried to convince him to leave their world in peace. For all she knew, though, her offering was most likely given in vain. There was a high probability that he would refuse her and tell her to go home once again.

          That was something Filia could never understand. What home would she have to go to if the world was going to be destroyed? Where was the point in that? Filia could only wonder.

          Valgaav crouched down in front of her kneeling form until he was eye to eye with her. With his one hand still on her shoulder, the other moved to her cheek where his finger tips flutter against her skin. His sneer softened to a slight upturn of his lips and he said to her,

          "What if I didn't want your life, Shrine Maiden? What if I wanted to take something else from you, instead of your life? Did you know that after your Kind slaughtered mine that I was not even given the chance to weep for them?" Filia began to move away from him and mewled as more tears fell from her eyes. Valgaav grabbed one of her long bangs and held her in place.

          "I think that even if I broke you," he whispered in low menacing voice, "you would still be able to mourn that loss of yourself. So you see, anything that you have to offer me is nothing that I want."

          "Valgaav, please," she whispered back. "Anything you want, you can have it! Take it! Anything!" Her voice broke as she pleaded once again with him.

          Valgaav twirled his finger through the bang that he held and cocked his head to the side.

          He barred his teeth at her again in the semblance of a smile and said quite calmly to her,

          "Anything? Anything at all? Can you really give me that? Can you give life back to my dead Kind? No? If not that, can you give life back to my Lord Gaav? Can you? Frankly, I would like both. Can you do that for me, Shrine Maiden?" Filia sobbed,

          "I cannot do that! You know I cannot do that!" He violently jerked her head by her bang. He pulled until her face was less than an inch from his own and he growled,

          "Oh, but you said I could have anything I wanted."

          Filia sobbed and quaked. She tried to calm herself as she said,

          "You can have anything that is with in my power to give you."

          "And what if I want you?" Filia's face went pallid, and she closed her eyes.

          "As you wish," she said with resignation. Valgaav released her bang and thrust her to the ground before him. Filia was too shocked by the abrupt action to cry out. His maniacal laughter returned as he straightened himself. Filia picked herself off the ground and rose to face him. With her glove she wiped the sand and tears from her face. Her face now held a strength that had not been there before.

          "Do not laugh at me. I can do that." He gave pause to his actions and stared at her. Then, putting his arms akimbo, Valgaav laughed lowly at her.

          "What would a Shrine Maiden know of such things?" Filia opened her mouth as if to say something and then paused. Valgaav began to laugh at her again. Filia glared at him and balled her fists.

          "I know things, maybe not everything, but I know things!" Valgaav reached out and gripped Filia by her shoulders to his chest. He bent his head down and whispered into her ear,

          "Some Shrine Maiden you are."

End of Chapter One

Next Chapter

Go Back To Archive