Author:  Zephilia_Wine
Title:  New Revelations : Chapters 11-15

This fan fiction is purely fan made (thus the name FAN fiction) and is in no way actually affiliated with the creators of the actual Slayers franchise. I do not own Slayers and no copyright infringement is intended, nor is any profit being made off of this work of fiction.

A warning to all who decide to continue to read this work... The story is fairly tame now, but will INEVITABLY contain scenes of graphic, descriptive violence, as well as sex. This will be a Yuri Fanfic as well so it will contain girl on girl sexual situations.

 

If you are offended by any of the things mentioned above or are NOT 18 years of age or older, TURN BACK NOW. You have been warned... now let the good times commence!

 

New Revelations

Chapter Selection

 

 The Gauntlet, haven for thieves and brigands. I wonder what the black market has to offer here? Katibree thought to herself as she surveyed the rundown, dreary surroundings.

 She watched as a gang fight was brought to its brutal conclusion in the middle of the street off in the distance. The remaining bang members walking off casually, leaving their adversaries bloodied, beaten, and in plain sight.

 You'd think the economy here would be in absolute shambles, yet I see Inns, Taverns, and Shops lining the streets. I'm impressed. She mused to herself as she turned down a interesting looking side street that looked less run down than most.

 "No fair Rza, it's my turn to play with it!" A little girl shouted.

 "Too bad, I found it so I say who gets to play with it and when!" The older boy shouted back at her over his shoulder, running with what looked like a wooden figurine in his hands

 Children, here?? the assassin thought to herself in dismay as she turned her head in the direction of the voices.

 The boy, not paying attention to where he was going, ran directly into Katibree with a grunt. First staggering and then falling backwards, landing soundly on his butt while releasing the figurine reflexively.

 The assassin caught the figurine, and after glancing at it a moment helped the boy up handing the toy back to him.

 The boy brushed some shaggy silver colored hair from his eyes to get a better look at her. "Uhm... thanks miss!" he managed before running off again with the younger girl, cutting into a nearby alley.

 They're pretty good. the half elf thought to herself with a smirk before following after them.

I can remember trying to survive on the streets at around their age, but at-least I had some protection from my guild, no matter how small it may have been at the time. It looks look those two are completely on their own.

She peered around the corner of the alley to observe them further.

 "Did you get it?" the younger girl whispered eagerly.

 "Yeah, I put it in my pocket... but I don't see it..." the boy replied, searching his over-sided pants pockets in frustration.

 "Well if it's not there, then where is it? Don't tell me you dropped it Rza." the girl added in disbelief. "We can't keep stealing food all the time, if we get caught --"

 "Don't be stupid Ino.” Rza interrupted. "I woulda heard it --"

 "Looking for this?" Katibree interjected while giving the re-pilfered coin purse a small toss and catching it, the contents within clinking together loudly on impact.

 The children spun around at the sound of her voice, both sets of blue eyes widening comically.

 "Rza and Ino was it? That was a pretty good show you guys put on back there... but in the future, I'd refrain from using your actual names during your set up..." Katibree continued, giving the coin purse another careless toss and catching it once more.

 "There's probably close to... I don't know 150 gold in here. Quite a score wouldn't you say?" the assassin asked them leaning against the alley wall casually.

 The youngsters merely nodded at her, swallowing dryly.

 "Well, why don't we make a deal then?" she proposed, pushing a rouge crimson lock behind her ear before continuing.

 "Wha... what's that?" Rza stammered suspiciously, while eying her weapons.

 "I'll give you this, if you promise me that you'll use some of it to get provisions, proper traveling gear, and transportation to get out of this town. This is no place for children to be on their own." the half elf stated bluntly. "So, do we have a deal?" 

"Uhhh...I..." Rza stammered in indecision and disbelief.

 "Say YES stupid!" Ino whispered, elbowing him roughly.

 "Shut up, I'm trying to think!" he shot back at her. There's gotta be some kinda catch --

 "We promise!" Ino piped up with a dutiful nod, her blond ponytail slapping Rza in the face as she hopped in front of him. "We'll get out of here and make a fresh start straight away!"

 "Good girl." the assassin replied, tossing her the coin pouch and turning to walk off.

 "Hey what's your name Miss?" Ino shouted after her, ignoring Rza's irritated glare.

 "It's not important, It's not like you won't recognize me if you see me again." Katibree replied back never slowing her pace.

 "I guess not..." Ino said quietly.

"Hey Rza, do you think that lady dyes her hair? It's got two different col -- HEY!" she exclaimed, as he took the pouch from her.

 "Come on Ino, we can't just be standin' around anywhere with this!" he shot back gesturing at her to "come on" as he ran to their hideout.

 I'll shadow them for as long as it takes for them to get the supplies they need I suppose. The half elf thought to herself.

It's not like I have anything else to do as long as headquarters doesn't contact me, and carrying around that amount of gold in this town is basically asking to be mugged.

 With that, she made her way to the roof tops of the town and backtracked to tail the two children undetected.

  


 

 

"Mmmmmm, this is SO good!" Lina exclaimed practically laying on top of the massive table while shoveling mouthful after mouthful of whatever food happened to be closest to her into her mouth. "I can hardly decide what to eat next!"

 "N..Next?" a couple of royal chefs sputtered simultaneously, while gawking at the spectacle before them.

 "Um... Miss Inverse?" a quiet voice called from behind her. "I came at your request."

 "Hum...?" the redhead managed around a mouthful of roast turkey, before turning around in her chair partially to see who was addressing her.

 "Yes, my name is Samantha Wind-reed...I was told that you wished to ask me some questions about the incident that happened the other day. About the condition of the bodies specifically?"

 "Yeah, that's right. So what can you tell me, where you able to determine what type of weapon they were killed with at-least?" Lina asked while taking note of the young woman's attire. Maybe a palace guard?

 "Not really, I've never seen wounds quite like them before." Samantha said thoughtfully. "But, I could tell that it was a fairly slender and curved blade, and the angle of some the wounds indicated that there may be two weapons instead of one. The act was definitely not executed with anything as large or bulky as a sword." she continued.

 Now this is useful information! Lina thought to herself approvingly.

 "Anything else you can think to tell me?" the sorceress asked before taking another bite of turkey.

 "Um, well the assailant was extremely skilled and very fast... out of both groups of elite sentries, only one even attempted to unsheathe their weapon." she shook her head sorrowfully.

"Every stab hit a fatal area, most of them where likely dead before they even hit the ground." Samantha finished quietly.

 That sounds familiar. Lina thought to herself with a sigh.

I've already got a prime suspect in mind... now all I've got to do is catch up to and find her...I really wasn't expecting to get so solid of a lead so quickly. she thought to herself with another sigh.

 "Thanks Samantha, you've been a great help!" Lina exclaimed, jumping up and slapping the young woman on the back.

 "Oh, are you leaving already Miss Inverse?" the young woman managed after recovering from the unexpected assault on her back.

 "Yeah, I am." Lina said sighing once more. "The trail is already cold enough as it is." she explained, grabbing another drumstick for the road before walking off.

 "I see. Well, where will you go?" she called after the sorceress.

 "Oh, I've got a couple of places in mind." Lina replied. 

Damn it, damn it, damn it! The redhead complained to herself silently after walking the castle halls for awhile.

All that I've done since this whole deal started is rush around and I'm sick of it! Screw it, I don't care! Tonight I'm going to take a real bath and sleep in a real bed. I'll get on the road first thing tomorrow...

I made it from Sairraag to here in record time, Ray Wing-ing most of the way here for that matter. I'm drained, sore, exhausted, cranky and I haven't even been here in Zephilia for an entire day yet.

I'm taking at-least the rest of this evening for myself.

 "Hey you there!" Lina called to the first servant she saw. "Have a horse and a couple of... no make that a weeks worth of previsions ready for me first thing in the morning would ya? Oh, and pack a few of the royal library's best books on the history and practices of the assassin profession too!"

I can go over those while I'm on the road.

 "Right away Lina the Pink." the servant replied hurrying off.

 "Would you -- ! ARGH!" Lina sputtered before storming off towards her quarters without saying another word.

 The servant who'd turned around at the redhead's sudden outburst, stared after her a moment in confusion before continuing with the tasks set before her.

 After making it to the room that had been prepared for her, the still seething sorceress made her way to her private bathtub stripping off items of clothing as she went. Turning on the faucet, she stood in front of the full length mirror nude and gave herself an once-over as the tub filled.

 Nope, still haven't gotten any bigger...she thought while giving her perky breasts a slight squeeze and turning around slowly to get a better look at the complete package the mirror was displaying for her.

This had pretty much become a ritual for her before bathing over the years.

 "Well, deciding to leave tomorrow instead will give me more of a chance to think at-least." she said quietly to herself, while leaning over to turn off the faucet.

 I remember what she looks like clearly, and if she's responsible for this... She's going to want to stay as low profile as possible. The redhead thought to herself as she eased herself down into the steaming water with a lavish sigh.

 That might explain why she was in such a hurry to get going when we meet the other day... and why she was traveling on such an under used road crawling with bandits. The fact that she was traveling away from Zephilia doesn't help her case either... The way I see it, she probably laid low until security around the city loosened up and then hit the road.

 Letting that train of thought digest for awhile, Lina leaned back in the tub closing her eyes and placing one arm behind her head. With her free arm, she lifted her hand out of the water and snapped her fingers igniting several of the scented candles placed around the luxurious bathtub.

 Either way, I'm almost certain she's not lying about being from the outer barrier. Assassin or not, if she were from around here, I would have heard about someone sporting her appearance and combat skills a long time ago.

And she's still on this side of the barrier most likely, because when I met her she was traveling in the opposite direction of all the ports that ship to the outer barrier area...

 "That most likely means that she has something else left to do, or is awaiting more orders from her superiors." Lina said to herself while stretching. "Which means she needs a place to lay low again." she finished thoughtfully.

 And the only place that a blue skinned, platinum and redheaded assassin is going to be able to really go without too terribly much interest drawn to her is "The Gauntlet. They don't care about much of anything there. She finished while reaching for the assortment of fancy scented soaps.

 "Life just got a whole lot more interesting it looks like."

 


 

Chapter 13 (Lina's Monologue)
 

They call this a weeks worth of rations? Hum, maybe I should have asked for two weeks worth instead. Lina mused to herself as she hoisted herself back up on the mount that had been prepared for her the night before. She had stopped just long enough to grab a quick snack out of the previsions and fill her water skin at a nearby stream, but still hadn’t decided on a suitable spot to make camp for the night. 

Oh well, if I skimp on eating some, it should last me the two days or so that it’ll take me to get to “The Gauntlet” I guess. I really don’t want to take the time to fish while I’m on her trail. This way I can just set up camp, eat, read some, and go straight to bed afterwards.  

If I’m lucky, I should be able to catch her after having only been in town a few days and still fairly unfamiliar with it. She wasn’t taking the most direct routes there because she wanted to keep a low profile, so that means that me taking the most direct route there on horse back should catch me up to her pretty quickly. But, the problem is, what am I going to do once I get there and actually confront her… Lina spurred the horse into a gallop as she thought about the situation further, while scanning for a suitable clearing to set up camp in. 

Having to leave Gourry behind is causing more complications than I’d ever imagined…I’m no slouch with a sword, but if it comes down to a straight up fight with this chick and she actually manages to get close enough to me to where I have to defend myself with my short sword… ”I don’t think that things would end very well.” She finished audibly. 

For one thing, Sairaag is way too far away from here to go and get him before I head to “The Gauntlet”. By the time I got back to where I need to be, I might not be able to find this “Katibree’s” trail at all. And that means I’m definitely going to have to do this without Gourry in the equation. “So without Gourry, the smartest thing for me to do would be to try and find the best way to keep this from turning into a straight up fight to begin with…” 

So, how do I do that? The redhead mulled this last question over for a couple of moments, while taking a hand off of the reigns and leaning forward slightly to pat the now trotting steed on the side of its well muscled neck. 

“What do you think big guy?” she asked the horse. “Should I try the Amelia tactic you think?” “Just find the tallest thing around to stand on and give a justice speech until she agrees to give up her villainous ways and come quietly?” 

The mount tossed its head and snorted as if in rebuttal of her idea.  

Lina chuckled to herself quietly, as her thoughts took her back to some of the Seyruun princesses’ past antics in their adventures together. 

“Yeah, I don’t think that’ll work either.” 

Well, she’s obviously a professional assassin if she’s managed to pull this job off without a hitch. And if she’s from the outer barrier, then this is more than likely not a personal vendetta on her part. She’s just doing her job… so the real question would be who hired her I guess. Just going after her would be like… cutting a weed off at the steam and leaving the roots to thrive, the more that I think about it.  

Maybe I’ll just try and convince her to hand over the name of her employer in exchange for a pardon or something… 

“But still… there’s no guarantee that she’ll even go for that.” “What then?” Then we fight, of course. She answered herself mentally. There’s no way I’m going home completely empty handed, that’s for sure. Luna dumped this whole deal in my lap, so that means I’m basically representing her and not myself… 

In a straight up fight… I’d definitely need to reduce her mobility. Spells like Flare arrow and Freeze arrow will probably be practically useless against her. And depending on how far way she is, a Fireball may take too long to cast. 

I don’t think trying to trap her with an earth spirit attack will work either… She’d probably feel that the ground was becoming unstable and just get out of the way. 

Fine, OK. What about outer barrier girl’s weaknesses? 

I can tell that she hasn’t been on this side of the barrier very long at all. That means that she’s probably just tangled with bandits for the most part and maybe a low end caster or two… 

Most direct attacks don’t seem like they’ll work as things stand so far, so what about indirect attacks --? Lina broke off her current train of thought, suddenly spotting an acceptable looking clearing to set up camp at and steering her mount in that direction. 

What was it that Xellos said to me once? “Sometimes simple plans are best?” This chick seems to enjoy being as efficient as possible while she’s fighting. So if she doesn’t like to waste moves…She took a moment to secure her mount to a nearby tree before continuing her train of thought. 

Then she should ignore attacks from opponents that she views as inaccurate, not even bothering to dodge them at all… so if I fling a Shadow Snap at her shadow, she probably won’t even bother to move...  

And based on what I know about her background, she won’t have a clue as to how countering the spell goes… Provided she evens knows what it is to begin with.  

I think that’s pretty solid…” I’ll just make the rest up as I go along I guess.” Lina finished to herself as she went about gathering her firewood for the night. 
  



Chapter 14
 
 

Still no word from headquarters. Katibree thought to herself while lounging on a nearby rooftop and observing the children from afar as they shopped. On the upside… I’ve already made back the gold pieces that I handed over to the kids by dealing with the scum that has been trying to mug them over the last couple of days… But they’re pretty much done with everything and will be headed out of town within the next couple of hours most likely. The assassin sighed to herself and moved around trying to find a more comfortable position on the rooftop. 

I guess that I can’t really complain all that much. This is probably about the closest to a vacation that I’ve ever had, but it’s doubtful that babysitting is what the guildhall had in mind when I was sent to this side of the barrier. 

How long do they expect me to wait? I don’t want to disobey orders and head back to the hall without authorization. The job may not even be technically finished yet... Or there may be some type of follow up that they need me to take care of. 

The half elf produced a flask of her now favorite type of wine that she’d discovered during her short time in Zephilia, taking a small sip from it as she watched the boy named Rza barter back and forth with a pack mule merchant while the younger girl named Ino scanned the rooftops with her eyes in an attempt to spot their self appointed “guardian angel.” Soon enough she’d set her eyes in Katibree’s general direction and began waving enthusiastically before finally turning to help Rza saddle up the newly purchased pack mules. 

She’s got good eyes. The assassin thought to herself with more than a little amusement. 

Oh, well…looks like it’s time to find something else to do with my unscheduled vacation time. I’m sure they can handle themselves from here on out. Katibree thought as she got up to leave. “Best of luck kids.” She added audibly, looking back after them with some fondness before making her way down and off of the roof. 

She dropped down several feet into an alley next to a tavern, startling a random thug who had been urinating there. The thug spun around in surprise releasing a sporadic stream of pee in her direction which she sidestepped with amusement. The half elf merely raised a mostly platinum eyebrow as the man snagged himself in his haste to zip up his pants and sank to his knees howling in misery. 

That has to suck. She thought, turning with a nonchalant shrug and walking around the side of the tavern in search of the entrance. 
 



Chapter 15
 

So this is the place huh? Lina thought while dropping down off of her mount. What a dump… 

She grabbed the rest of the mostly exhausted rations before slapping the steed on its flank, signaling it to make its way back to Zephilia on its own. If, I try and tie him up around here… he’ll just get stolen anyway. She reasoned with herself as she surveyed the ruined town. 

Now, if I was an assassin lying low… where would I be in a town like this - - “What the hell are children doing here?” Well, at least it looks like they’re leaving. She mused to herself while taking note of their traveling gear. It’s not brand new, but it’s in pretty good shape, the mules look healthy too... 

That silver haired kid has urchin written all over him…I guess it’s worth a shot to ask… The redhead deducted as she walked toward them. 

“Hey there!” She exclaimed waving to get their full attention. 

“Yes miss?” / “Whatda ya want Lady?” they answered simultaneously, bringing their mounts to an eventual halt. 

At least one of them is polite… 

“Yeah, I was wondering if you’ve seen someone that I’m looking for… Uh, about this tall, dressed in black…. Blue skin…” 

“Oh you mean our guardian angel!” The younger girl piped up excitedly. 

“Guardian… angel.” Lina repeated dejectedly. 

“The silver haired boy merely covered his face with his hands in embarrassment, shaking his head quietly. 

I seriously doubt we’re talking about the same person here. But how many people do you really run into with blue skin? No offence to Zel. The sorceress added in fondness for her chimera friend. 

“Yeah, she’s our guardian angel, but I don’t think she’s gonna follow us anymore now that we’re leaving town like she asked us to.” The little blonde girl continued sadly. 

“She asked you to leave town?” Lina asked unsure at this point what to think anymore.

“And this… “Guardian angel” that you’re talking about, is her hair two different colors?” 

“Yup!” the little girl exclaimed cheerfully. 

“The older boy simply looked in another direction while *sweat dropping*. 

Well… I guess she could be stringing me along for fun… she is pretty young and kids do have quite an imagination at this age. I just can’t believe we’re talking about the same person. “Alright then, what color are your “guardian angel’s eyes then?” Lina asked coyly. 

“Purple, can we go now lady?” the silver haired kid blurted, finally speaking up. 

“That’s not the right color Rza.” The girl said matter of factly. 

“Fine light purple, now let’s go Ino.” He shot back. 

“It’s called “lavender” dummy…” she taunted. 

Lina stared at the bickering children in disbelief *sweat dropping*. It’s the same chick? 

“Hold on!” so why are you calling her you’re guardian angel exactly? The Sorceress asked, interrupting the frivolous spat. 

“Cause Rza here screwed up trying to pickpocket her and got busted…” the younger girl answered in an I’m-still-taunting-you-voice. 

The older boy gave her a revenge shove, nearly knocking her from her pack mule, before continuing for her. “Yeah but she gave us the money anyway as long as we promised to use some of it to get outta town.” He finished. “And we still haven’t held up all of our end of the bargain yet!” he added, glaring at the younger girl meaningfully. 

“Fine!” she exclaimed kicking out at him and missing, nearly losing her balance again, before signaling her pack mule to move forward once again. “Bye Miss!” she added over her shoulder. 

Lina merely stared after the children blankly for a moment. 

They bought all of that stuff with the gold that she gave them? Some of the gold? The redhead did some quick math in her head. And that kid still had a really fat pouch on his belt… And it’d take at least a couple of days to round up all those supplies that they had. 

They made it through a town like this, with that much gold on them for that long without getting mugged? Yeah ri - - “Guardian Angel?” 

“She PROTECTED them until they got out of TOWN??!” “Hooooowwnnnnnnn, NOW I’M TOTALLY LOST!” “What the hell kind of cold blooded killer does something like that??” she shouted stamping her foot and rustling her crimson mane in frustration. 

Lina’s shouting got the attention of a near by brigand who looked up in surprise. 

The brigand’s expression melted from one of surprise to one of sheer terror as he took in the sorceress’ outfit, flaming red hair, and proportions of the figure standing before him… 

He first began to back away but soon tripped and fell, scooting away on his butt and stammering incoherently with one arm outstretched in a pleading gesture. 

Hum… I guess someone finally noticed me. Lina thought to herself, smoothing her hair after recovering from her earlier tantrum. And as if on cue, someone shouted… 

“RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, IT’S LINA INVERSE!!!” 

The rundown town, which seemed closer to a ghost town only moments ago, exploded into utter chaos. Thugs and bandits seemed to be coming out of the very walls, as they ran in every direction. An alarm could be heard blaring in the distance. 

An alarm just for me? I guess this town isn’t so bad after all! Lina thought to herself, strolling nonchalantly amidst the panic with her hands clasped behind her head. The impromptu sea of bandits parted, steering very clear of her as she walked. 

This Katibree really doesn’t seem to be the type who spooks easily. Definitely not going to flush her out like this. 

“Hey you!” she shouted, shadow snapping a random bandit. Gross, this guy reeks of urine… “I’m looking for someone, a chick with blue skin and platinum and red hair.” 

“The bandit cowered and pointed in the direction of a tavern.” 

That was easy. The redhead thought to herself walking off without another word. 

“Hey!” the bandit shouted. “Hey, you can’t just leave me here like this!” “How will I get free??” 

“Your problem, not mine…” Lina called not even bothering to turn around. “Goodbye..” she added teasingly. 

“Why you washboard chested little Dragon Spooker - -“ 

“OH HO HOOO!” Lina exclaimed charging a maximum power Fireball as she spun around smiling vindictively. “NOW you’ve gone and done it you little -- FIREBALL!” the sorceress exclaimed, to angry even to finish her sentence. 

The run down town square literally exploded in a pillar of flames, blasting the windows out of near by establishments as criminals sprinted screaming in every direction, most now at least partially caught on fire. 

Previous (Chapters 6-10)          Next (Chapters 16-20)

Go Back To Archive