Author:  Zephilia_Wine
Title:  New Revelations : Chapters 31-35

This fan fiction is purely fan made (thus the name FAN fiction) and is in no way actually affiliated with the creators of the actual Slayers franchise. I do not own Slayers and no copyright infringement is intended, nor is any profit being made off of this work of fiction.

 

On another note, this story contains an original character... [To see a picture of her click here]  (ducks the tomato's and balks at the boos and hisses) yes, yes i know. The character is based loosely on the concept of some of the works of the author R A Salvatore. Once again no copyright infringement is intended here. I merely borrowed the Do'Urden name for a while and a little fictional DNA here and there. (can sperm and eggs be copyrighted...?)

 

A warning to all who decide to continue to read this work... The story is fairly tame now, but will INEVITABLY contain scenes of graphic, descriptive violence, as well as sex. This will be a Yuri Fanfic as well so it will contain girl on girl sexual situations.

 

If you are offended by any of the things mentioned above or are NOT 18 years of age or older, TURN BACK NOW. You have been warned... now let the good times commence!

 

New Revelations

Chapter Selection

Chapter 31

 

(L) It’s been a little over a day now and I can’t sleep a wink, and on top of that I’m so… BORED! The redhead brooded to herself as she leaned out the window of her room over looking the balcony while resting her head in the palm of a hand and staring out at the clear night sky. Kat should have already made it to this side of the Kingdom’s boarders by now…I know from personal experience that she can practically run forever.

 I wonder what she’s doing right now? Well… I guess that there has technically been a change of plans since I have to wait for Luna to show up now, so I guess I should signal her. The sorceress reasoned with herself as she closed her ruby colored eyes momentarily to enjoy a cool breeze as it made its way into the open window, rustling her red tresses and nightgown softly.

 Hmmmm…let’s see… it takes about 20 minutes to walk from the North gate to the castle… Lina began to herself mischievously.

 So, how long would it take for a freaked out half elf to get here while still trying to be sneaky and avoiding all the guards…? The sorceress finished to herself with a snicker as she casted the ‘emergency’ light spell signal and looked at the time on the clock on the wall across from her with a smirk.

 “Time for some exercise Kat!” the redhead giggled audibly.

 Out in the forests boarding the Kingdom, Katibree froze in mid blade stroke of her training routine as the distant rapid flashing of the light spell drew her immediate attention in the darkness.

 The implications of what the signal meant filled her veins  with ice water.

 Lina’s in trouble?? “SHIT!” The half elf exclaimed as she went tearing through the brush in a dead sprint, cutting branches and shrubs down that hindered her progress as she ran. 

That palace has got to have the shittiest security measures that I’ve ever seen! She thought to herself as she gave the guard post a wide berth, sprinting around it to a high section of wall and jettisoning herself off of the side of a nearby tree and up to the top of the fortified wall, catching hold of the very top of it before pulling herself up and over it and dropping down on top of a building silently before booking it once again, bounding from roof top to roof top in the direction of the beacon.

 As the ex-assassin neared the castle gates she skid to a halt and backtracked, pressing herself up against a nearby wall as two guards on patrol passed by chatting with one another.

 The moment the two guards passed, the half elf got a running start and jumped the gate, dropping down on another guard and knocking her unconscious before making a b-line for the castle walls, using the grooves in-between the large bricks used to build the structure to scale the wall under the cover of darkness.  

A few minutes later Katibree reached up and grabbed the ledge to Lina’s balcony and slung herself over it, before jumping through the open window behind it head first and rolling to a stop in the middle of the room, breathing heavily with her blades unsheathed and glowing an angry red.

 The half elf dispelled the charge on her blades reflexively at the sound of a very healthy and undistressed Lina Inverse’s laughter. “Six minutes!” The redhead giggled, I’m impressed Kat!”

 The mostly platinum haired warrior merely glared at the sorceress as she sheathed her weapons while sighing with exasperation. Well at least she’s OK…

“Damn it, Inverse…” “You know I knocked out a palace guard on the way here right…?” “The entire fucking castle is going to be in an uproar now.”

 “Did the guard see who you were?” Lina asked still smiling.

 “Of course not.” Katibree huffed.

 “Well then there’s no need to worry!” The sorceress laughed. “Just stay the night and you can take off again tomorrow after everything has calmed back down some…”

 The ex-assassin merely glared at her silently with her luminous eyes. I was actually scared…I’ve never felt a feeling that horrible before…

 “Awwww, come on Kat don’t be mad!” “I just… I just got bored and I… well, I wanted to see you…” “I didn’t exactly make a signal for that, you know?” The redhead finished quietly with her ruby colored eyes downcast. I didn’t think she’d be this mad… “And besides… there really has been a change of plans.” She added even more quietly before looking up and giving the half elf her best puppy dog stare while twisting a lock of her crimson hair around her index finger.

(K) I hate it when she makes that face…It’s like she plays me like a fiddle as a hobby! This girl is going to be the fucking death of me... Katibree brooded to herself while running her fingers through her mostly platinum locks in agitation. “OH, cut it out with the face already…” she finally exclaimed to the pouting redhead while throwing up her hands in exasperation before walking over and sitting down on the bed abruptly.

 “So… you’re not mad then…?” Lina asked hopefully.

 “Fuck yes I’m angry…!” The ex-assassin exclaimed. “But, I’ll get over it.” She added more softly. “Anyway, what’s with this change of plans that you were talking about?”

 “Oh, that…” The redhead said as she made her way over to the bed as well to sit down next to Katibree.” “Well, I have to stay here now until my sister comes and talks to me about something.” She began to explain.

 “The Knight of Cepheid?” the ex-assassin asked without really needing to. Perrrrrfect…She thought to herself blandly.

 “One in the same, Kat.” The sorceress replied with a deep sigh. “The Eternal Queen told me that she’d be here to speak to me in a few days.” She added. 

The rest of the two girl’s conversation was then abruptly cut off by a hurried knocking on the bedroom door.

 “Just a second!” Lina practically shouted as she looked from the door back to Katibree (or at least where the half elf had just been.)

 I guess I should have expected that. The redhead thought to herself wryly while watching the door to the bathroom shut quietly.

 “Who is it?” She finally called to whoever was at the door.

 “It’s security Miss Lina The Pink.” A muffled voice said through the door. “There was a disturbance on the castle grounds and we’re making rounds, is everything alright?”

 Hum…I wonder who could have caused such a thing…? The sorceress wondered to herself with giddy sarcasm. “Oh yeah, everything’s just fine in here!” “Thanks for checking though…!” Lina added cheerfully.

 “Very well, sorry to disturb you then Miss Inverse.”

 “It’s no problem at all!” The redhead called back with a small laugh as she watched the bathroom door re-open as Katibree stepped back out into the room quietly.

 (K) “So… what’s with the books Lina?” The half elf asked as soon as she’d made her way back to the bed. “Looks like you’re studying up on…” She trailed off as she began to pick up one book after another that had been sprawled out on the side of the bed unceremoniously.

 She faulted a moment in surprise while raising a mostly platinum eyebrow in bemusement before continuing.

 “Let’s see here… ‘Elven Heritage’, The Customs and Practices of the Modern Assassin’… ‘Elven and Half Elven….Anatomy’…?”

 The ex-assassin looked up from the last book and stared at the wall blankly a moment before finally turning her head to look at the redhead… I… I not sure whether to be flattered or… worried… “What, were you planning to dissect me in the name of science or something Red?” The ex-assassin teased.

 “No, it’s nothing like that Kat!” Lina laughed while blushing profusely. “It’s just that, you don’t really like to talk about yourself… so I figured I’d just try and figure out some stuff on my own is all.

 “With an anatomy book.” The half elf deadpanned. “And I may be half elf Lina, but I was raised by humans for as long as I can remember…’ ”If that’s what you care to call it.” She added as an afterthought.  I don’t even know what my biological parents look like…

 “Maybe so, but I have learned a couple of interesting things…” Lina countered.

 “Oh, yeah?” Katibree asked doubtfully.

 “Yeah.” Lina shot back defiantly.

 “Ok, so wow me with you’re new found knowledge on the ‘half elf assassin’ Red.” The mostly platinum haired warrior chuckled while placing her arms behind her head and lying back on the bed.

 “Humph, well for one thing in the anatomy book, I found out that you heal faster than a normal human being but not nearly as quickly as a full blooded elf.”

 The ex-assassin merely rolled her lavender colored eyes disinterestedly at the redhead. “I’ve been trying to tell you that from the get go.”

 Smart ass…Alright fine. “And I found out another little fact that was particularly interesting about elves and half elves…” Lina said now crawling on the bed toward the half elf with a mischievous looking smile playing across her lips. 

“Ehhhh…” What is she doing…? The half elf wondered to herself while looking at the approaching redhead apprehensively.

 “I also read that those cute little pointed ears of yours…” Lina said trailing off as she reached for Katibree’s face.

 You’ve got to be shitting me…

 “…Are just packed with nerve endings… making them extremely sensitive to the touch…” “Now I don’t know about you Kat… but that sure sounds like a ticklish spot to me!” Lina finally finished only managing to graze the outer ridge of the half elf’s ear before the ex-assassin rolled away from the sorceress, falling off of the bed completely.

“You stay… far, FAR away from my ears Lina… that is NOT cool…” Katibree blurted while scooting even further away from the redhead cautiously. Does she not know the meaning of erogenous zone… or did the stupid author of that book just conveniently leave that little bit of info out of it?? “Seriously Lina… I’m not ticklish…” She added hurriedly.

 “Well if that’s the case, then all you have to do is stay still and let me play with your ears a minute to prove it.” Lina replied teasingly as she rolled off of the bed herself and began to stalk the ex-assassin.

 She can’t possibly have any idea how wrong that just sounded to me and still have said it with a straight face…Katibree thought to herself as she continued to scoot away from the sorceress, the tips of her pointed ears beginning to redden.

 “Aw come on Kat, a little laughing won’t kill ya…” Lina said coyly as she closed the distance between them.”

 “I am SO leaving…” Katibree said as she jumped to her feet and headed toward the still open window while blushing vividly.

 “Fine, fine… I won’t tickle you then…” Lina giggled. “Jeez Kat, you’re such a baby!” She added.

 “I’m not ticklish.” The ex-assassin reiterated. “I just… don’t want you touching my ears Ok?” First that ‘Dragon Slave’ and now this shit

 If she’s not ticklish, then what’s she getting all embarrassed about? The sorceress wondered to herself.

 “And let me see that book, Red…”

 “Which one?” Lina asked.

 “The anatomy one of course.” The half elf replied.

 “Why?”

 “Because I don’t want you getting anymore weird ideas from it!” Katibree laughed.

 “You willing to trade information for information?” the redhead propositioned as she clutched the book to her chest protectively.

 “That depends on the information.” The ex-assassin said cautiously as she sat back down on the bed.

 (L) “Ok, will you… tell me why exactly you hate it so much when I use my magic all the time then?”

 “Nope.” Was Katibree’s only reply as she began to remove her cloak, folding it and placing it in the drawer of the nightstand by the bed.

 Damn it. “Ok, how about the reason you suddenly came up with my nickname that day back at the lake?” Lina persisted.

 “Nope.” The half elf laughed as she slipped off her boots, sliding them underneath the bed.. She never gives up…

 Damn it! What else can I ask her…?

 (K) “Why don’t I just tell you a little bit about what I remember of my childhood growing up in the Guild for now huh, Lina?” The ex-assassin suggested before laying back on the bed once more and making herself comfortable. 

Lina stopped and blinked at the mostly platinum haired warrior a moment. I didn’t think that she’d ever willingly talk about something that personal with me… “…Yeah, I think I’d like to hear about that Kat.” The sorceress replied while placing the Anatomy book on the half elf’s stomach before rolling over on her own stomach and propping herself up with her elbows, giving the ex-assassin her full attention. 

“Alright then, let’s see…” 

The two girls stayed up all night talking until finally falling asleep sometime just before dawn.

 

  

Chapter 32

 

 Both Katibree and Lina awoke with a start at the sound of an armored hand pounding on the door to the bedroom.

 “Who is it?” The redhead croaked groggily as the half elf stood up and smoothed out the impression of her body on the side of the bed that she’d been sleeping on before hurriedly grabbing her boots from under the bed and shoving Lina’s books underneath it. 

“It’s me.” Luna Inverse called through the door matter of factly.

 Lina ruby colored eyes opened wide in barely checked panic at this, all prior thoughts of being tired instantly forgotten. “It’s Luna!” she half hissed, half whispered to the ex-assassin. I thought the Queen said a few days, I was just gonna have Kat take off tonight..! The sorceress exclaimed to herself. 

“Yeah, I can already feel her through the door…” “I thought you said she wouldn’t be here for a couple more days.” The half elf whispered back as she quietly opened a nightstand drawer and deposited her boots with the rest of her gear before closing it back.  

“Well that’s what the Queen said yeah…” Lina whispered back. Well… I guess she did say within a few days… not just a few days… She thought to herself somewhat sheepishly. Kat doesn’t have to know that though… “Just a second Luna!” The redhead called audibly as an afterthought.

 The mostly platinum warrior merely rolled her eyes with a small sigh before grabbing her blades from under her pillow and making her way to the bathroom before shutting the door behind her silently. This is exactly the type of thing that I was trying to avoid

The sorceress smoothed her crimson mane some before making her way to the door and taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly before finally opening it. “Heya sis!” She said cheerfully.

 The Cepheid Knight, standing in the doorway in full holy plate armor looked down at the smaller girl and gave her younger sibling a slow once over before finally speaking. “What are were you… doing just now that… took so long?” Luna asked slowly.

 “Oh I just woke up!” The sorcery genius laughed. “You wouldn’t want me to answer the door butt naked right?” She embellished as she stood in the doorway with one hand on the door knob and the other rubbing the back of her neck. 

I suppose there’s nothing strange about that… Lina is 19 now after all. But she’s always been so modest about her body in the past…Even alone I really find it tough to imagine her willingly sleeping nude…The warrior pondered to herself silently. “Well anyway, do you intend to conduct our conversation from your doorway, sister?” She asked while peering over the redhead’s shoulder and into the room with some suspicion. She is acting a bit peculiar today…

 “Oh… uh no, I guess not… eh heh.” Lina laughed more nervously than she would have liked before opening the door to the room completely and stepping aside to allow the Cepheid Knight to enter before closing it once more. If I keep this up, I’m totally going to blow Kat’s cover! I’ve got to try and relax some…

 Luna walked inside of the room and took in the surroundings of it deliberately. Soon enough her own ruby colored gaze fell on Lina’s traveling gear sitting on top of a dresser, neatly folded with her gemmed shoulder guards on top. When did she start cleaning up after herself? The sister I used to know would have that stuff strewn all over this room and then complain about not being able to find something in the morning… I suppose she really is maturing… The warrior thought to herself with bemusement as she walked over and sat down on the side of the bed that Katibree had been sleeping on only moments earlier.

 Lina walked over and sat down directly next to the larger woman, doing her best to act nonchalant. “So what’s up?” She asked lightly. I’m glad that Luna has on her armor today… I can still feel the heat from where Kat was just laying... She runs as hot as a water steamer, but I guess I’m really not one to talk… Lina thought to herself *sweat dropping*

 “Right, I’ve come here to tell you that I’ve been working on investigating rumors of a ancient relic sighting from the Resurrection War over 100 years ago.” “In the process of doing that, I came across an odd prophecy that more and more priestesses of The Temple of Cepheid are beginning to predict…and I believe it may involve you, Lina.” The Knight finished with a sigh. 

(L) Oh, come on… not this CRAP again! “Well, what does it say then.” The sorceress sulked.

 “I’m sorry Lina, but I’m not at liberty to tell you anymore just yet - -

 Suddenly Luna jumped to her feet with her hand on the hilt of her long sword, her plate mail clanking loudly. Cepheid just sensed something that disturbs him nearby…The holy warrior closed her ruby colored eyes and concentrated a moment. I can sense it too, but only faintly…

 “Um… Luna…?” Lina asked unsurely.

 “Not right now sister.” Was the Knight’s only reply as she slowly unsheathed her long sword before striding toward the bathroom door deliberately.

 Does she sense Katibree or something…? But how?? Hooowwn this can’t be happening…Lina thought to herself anxiously. It’d be totally suspicious if I try and stop her from going into the bathroom…

 The warrior leaned against the door and put her ear against it a moment with a grim expression on her face. I can’t sense anything anymore… but I’m certain it came from in here. The Cepheid Knight thought to herself.

 Kat’s not going to want to answer any of the questions that my sister’s going to ask… And the situation will probably escalate too quickly for me to even get a word in! The redhead continued to herself franticly.

 After pressing her ear to the bathroom door for what seemed to Lina like forever, Luna placed a plated hand on the doorknob while stepping to the side of the door slowly and beginning to turn the knob with her free hand. 

L-sama, what am I going to do if these two start fighting…? Gods this is a nightmare!

 Luna jerked the bathroom door open and quickly pressed herself to the side of the wall next to the door again, incase anything or anyone decided to attack before slowly peering around the doorframe into the bathroom. I don’t see anything…

 Lina, who hadn’t realized that she had been holding her breath up until now, let it out in a quiet, shaky sigh as The Knight of Cepheid slowly made her way into the bathroom with her long sword still drawn and began systematically opening anything that could conceivably fit a mystery intruder in it, including the built in laundry chute. 

Just then the holy warrior’s ruby colored gaze fell upon Lina’s Demon’s Blood Talismans sitting on the vanity. She reached down and picked one up, wrinkling her nose in disdain. I really wish that she didn’t keep things like this around all the time…Luna thought to herself with a deep sigh. This must be what we sensed. She added to herself as she set the Talisman back down before turning to leave and shutting the bathroom door behind her once more.

 A few moments later Katibree dropped down from the ceiling soundlessly and removed the blade that she had been clenching between her teeth. Well at least I know what she looks like now… The ex-assassin thought to herself grimly. 

(L) “Is everything alright Sis?” Lina asked will trying to her best to ignore the thud of her still racing heart in her throat. I wonder how Kat pulled that off…?

 “It was your Talismans that I sensed.” Luna replied quietly as she re-sheathed her sword.

 My talismans? That’s weird…I don’t remember putting those in the bathroom… The sorceress mused to herself.

 “Is something the matter Lina?” The holy warrior asked.

 “Hum…?” “Oh no, everything’s fine… you just… had me a little freaked out there for a second is all.” The redhead laughed while waving her hand dismissively.

 “I see… my apologies.”

 Uh…Did my sister just apologize for something?? Lina thought to herself in disbelief.

 (Lu) “Anyway, I must take my leave.” The Cepheid Knight said as she made her way to the door to let herself out, but paused with her gauntlet on the door knob sighing deeply.

 “Luna?” The redhead asked.

 “I… I just wanted to…” The holy warrior trailed of as she took her gauntlet off of the door knob and placed it on her hip while running the other gauntlet through her shoulder length purple hair.

 She stood that way with her back to the sorceress for a long moment before continuing.

 “I just wanted to thank you for aiding me with the investigation, it really helped me out and… you did…you did a good job.” She finally managed stiffly. 

Luna smirked a moment at the sound of what she knew was her younger sibling *face faulting* off of the bed before finally opening the bedroom door and stepping into the castle halls. “Take care of yourself little sister.” She added before closing the door quietly and walking off.

 A moment later Katibree opened the bathroom door and walked out only to find Lina laying on her back on the floor with an unreadable expression on her face.

 “What happened to you Red?” the mostly platinum haired warrior laughed quietly.

 (L) “……..”

 “...World calling Inverse….” The half elf teased.

 “My sister… actually… complimented me…” Lina finally managed to reply. “Wow…”

 “That’s a rarity I take it?”

 “Kat, you have absolutely no idea.”

 “Well, that’s a good thing then right?” Katibree asked as she made her way over to the redhead and sat down on the floor facing the top of the smaller girl’s head and looking down at her.

   “I guess so…” Lina said quietly as she stared at the ceiling. Luna was acting pretty strange though…She’s always been pretty serious, but that whole deal just know was borderline paranoid… “Anyway, now that I’ve talked to Luna, we can take off whenever we want to head to the outer barrier.”  The sorceress added with a glance up to the ex-assassin.

 “That’s easier said than done, Red.” Katibree chuckled. “It’s only a little past noon, even I’m not good enough to make it out of this place completely undetected in brood daylight…”

 “Yeah, I guess you’ve got a point there…” Lina mused. “I guess we’ll have to wait until night time then, so what are we going to do until then?” She added.

 “I’m still restricted to this room until night fall, so I guess the real question is what are you going to do until then, Lina.”  The half elf said to her with a resigned sigh.

 “Hum…” “Well, I guess that I can head into town for a few hours, I still need to grab my disguise anyway.”

 “The mercenary outfit?” the mostly platinum haired warrior asked, raising an eyebrow in surprise.

 “Um hum, I thought about it and I think it’ll actually be an interesting change of pace.” Lina explained as she finally stood up and began to get ready to head out into town.

 “Alright, well if you’re going to get the gear…Don’t bother to pick up a second weapon then.” The half elf said.

 “Why not Kat?” “What, are you still mad at me for taking one of your blades and making you chase me half way across the country still?” The redhead teased as she sat on the bed and pulled on her boots.

 “No it’s nothing like that…” Katibree chuckled. “I just… well I have a weapon that you can use with your off hand if you’d like…” She explained quietly. “It’s fairly light and well balanced… I’ve just never cared to use it myself.

 “OK, well what type of weapon is it?” Lina asked with growing interest.

 “A scimitar actually, I’ve got the sheath for it and everything.” The mostly platinum haired warrior replied in a voice that the redhead could barely hear.

 “Alright, that sounds like a plan then…” The sorceress said after first hesitating at the ex-assassin’s sudden change in mood before finally heading for the door. “See you in a few then, Kat?” 

“Yeah.” The ex-assassin replied back distractedly as she lay with her hands clasped

behind her head and staring at the ceiling, a melancholy look in her lavender eyes.

 What’s with her all of the sudden…? Lina wondered to herself as she closed and locked the door to her room before finally heading out of the castle and into town. I already know not to bother to even ask what’s wrong when she gets in moods like this, but it’s still frustrating. You’d think that by now she’d trust me enough to open up a little more, but I guess not. The sorceress brooded to herself as she walked. When we first met it didn’t bother me at all, I just told myself that it’s just the way she is because of her prior profession…But lately…

 “That explanation just doesn’t satisfy me anymore… now all it does is leave me with more questions than I had to begin with.” The redhead said to herself quietly with a small sigh as she made her way into the town square.

 Oh well, I guess it really can’t be helped either way…Even if I wanted to beat it outta her I’d have to try and catch her first! The sorceress joked to herself with a giggle. 

“Alright, time to do some shopping!” Lina exclaimed to no one in particular while pumping a fist in the air before running off in the direction of the first Armor and Protective Items shop.


 

Chapter 33

 

“Hunny, I’m ho-ome..!” Lina sang teasingly after closing the door to her room before placing the bags that she’d been carrying on the bed next to an amused Katibree.

 ‘Hunny’ huh? The half elf thought to herself with a laugh. “So what did you get, Red?”

 “Well, I got the disguise, but more importantly I got food!” “I just found out about this great new stuff called ‘biscuits and gravy’ with this other thing called ‘chicken fried steak’ and it’s absolutely to die for!” “I had like 10 helpings of it at the eatery, but I brought some extra with me; Come on Kat, you’ve gotta try it!” Lina gushed as she fished a container of food out of one of the bags and shoved it into the ex-assassin’s hands before waiting with an expectant expression on her face. 

“Alright, alright, let’s see what we’ve got then…” Katibree laughed as she opened the container. “Well, that’s… odd looking…” She added after looking at the gravy covered contents within. 

“Yeah, but it tastes really, really good...!” “Here, don’t knock it ‘till ya try it Kat.” The redhead giggled as she picked up the fork inside the container, cutting and spearing a piece of chicken fried steak slathered in gravy. “Come on…open up…” She added while grinning and holding the fork up to the mostly platinum haired warrior’s face.

 “Surely you jest.” Katibree deadpanned while staring at the fork waving back and forth in front of her face before looking past it at the sorceress holding it. I’m not some…infant that needs someone to feed it - - 

“Oh come on Kat, don’t go all prim and proper on me…” “Lina said with some dejection. “It’s just us, so it’s not like there’s anyone around to impress, and plus I guarantee you’ll like it!” She added more cheerfully.

 “You’re impossible…” The half elf sighed while placing a hand over her face in embarrassment.

 “You’d better believe it!” “Hummm…?” The sorceress coxed mischievously while moving the fork all the closer to the ex-assassin’s face.

 “…Ok, ok…. But if you tell anyone about this, and I mean anyone - -

 “Don’t worry Kat, your reputation as a bonafied badass is safe with me.”  The redhead said while stifling a giggle.

 “…Fine.” Katibree sighed resignedly before finally conceding  to Lina’s request.” Hum, that is really good!” The ex-assassin said after chewing and savoring the taste of the dish in her mouth a moment before finally swallowing it.

 “See, I wouldn’t steer you wrong!”

 “That’s all fine and good, but I’d prefer to feed myself now if you don’t mind.” the half elf chuckled while taking the fork from the redhead. 

Yeah, yeah, eat up!” “I’m going to try this gear on while you do that…” Lina said while she stood from the bed and grabbed the bag with the disguise in it before heading to the bathroom. 

 “Hum?” “Ok then.” The ex-assassin replied before turning her attention back to her food once more. I wonder what type of mercenary gear she got? This should be interesting…

 A few minutes later the redhead cracked the door to the bathroom and peered out of it. “Ok Kat, close your eyes until I say you can open them…” She said. “And no peeking either!” The sorceress added suspiciously.

 Katibree merely rasp-berried at this before finally closing her eyes. 

After making sure that the mostly platinum haired warrior’s eyes were truly closed, Lina made her way out of the bathroom and stood directly in front of the bed that the ex-assassin was lounging on, before making a few nervous last minute adjustments on her gear and taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. It definitely shows off a little more skin than I’m used to, but it’s the only thing that I could really find in my size… 

“Alright, tell me what you think.” She finally said while trying her best not to blush too noticeably.

 The half elf opened her lavender colored eyes and nearly dropped the fork that she’d been holding.

 Most of the mercenary outfit consisted of snug fitting black leather. The vest that the sorceress was wearing had a V neckline, showing off a fair amount of cream colored cleavage and was just short enough to reveal a few inches of Lina’s mid-drift as well.

The redhead’s pants, along with her new mercenary gloves were also made of black cured leather, and the black parts of the outfit were accented with violet shoulder guards, forearm guards, and thigh guards as well as a violet belt. The talismans were still in their respective positions, but Lina had removed her trademark headband and wrapped and tied it around her left arm instead, revealing the twin birthmarks on her forehead.

 “Well, how do I look?” The sorcery genius persisted shyly. I hope I don’t look too ridiculous…

 Snap out of it… Don’t just sit there and gape at her like a moron… say somethingThe half elf bitched at herself. “That’s… that’s a good look for you Red.” She finally managed, her voice cracking to a slightly higher pitch much to her embarrassment.

 “What, did ya have a few drinks while I was gone or something, Kat?” Lina asked with some amusement. As far as I know, her voice only cracks like that when she’s drunk or really spun up about something…That something normally being me pushing her buttons. She added to herself with a mischievous smirk.

 “No, I’d prefer to drink in a place that I’m actually supposed to be in thank you.” Katibree replied while clearing her throat and setting aside her mostly eaten container of food. “Come here a second.” She added as she scooted to the edge of the bed.

 “Yeah well that’s just the thing Kat, if you’d just come with me to the audience with the Queen and gotten an official pardon from her face to face, then you wouldn’t be here without authorization.” The redhead countered as she walked the rest of the way over to the ex-assassin. 

The half elf gave the sorceress’s thigh guard a warning swat with her hand, prompting the redhead to brace for impact before literally hammering the thigh guard brutally with her fist a few times, testing its sturdiness before finally speaking. “Did you feel that?”

 “Kinda, yeah.” Lina replied.

 “Turn around a minute.”

 The sorceress complied wordlessly while looking over her shoulder to see what the half elf was doing.

 “Anyway…” The ex-assassin began as she loosened a thigh guard strap before re-tightening it by gripping it between her teeth and pulling it.” “I already told you that I have my own reasons for not wanting to be here, Red.” “Ok, turn back around a sec…” she added.

 “Yeah, I know you did…” The redhead said as she turned around, bracing her thigh muscles once more for the inevitable impact. “I just don’t like the idea of…” She trailed off what she was saying as her thigh guard was assaulted once more before finally finishing what she was saying. “…you having to sneak around like some common criminal when what you did was actually for the greater good of The Kingdom of Zephilia.” “Even the elite sentries you took out were crooked; they were being paid extra to look the other way whenever a shady deal went down.” She added.

 “Yeah, well I’ve grown used to that sort of thing over the years, it doesn’t bother me.” “Katibree replied matter of factly.” “Did you feel anything that time?” She asked afterwards.

 “Nope, not a thing.” Lina replied in bemusement. And you may be  used to that kind of thing Kat, but I’m not. She added to herself silently.

 “Some of the straps just need to be broken in more, but it’s a good fit.” The half elf mused while testing the other guards in the same manner. A really, really good fit, she’s an absolute bombshell in this outfit. Built like a beanpole my ass… It’s almost a shame that no one will recognize her now. The mostly platinum haired warrior thought to herself wryly.

 After Katibree had finished her adjustments on the sorceresses’ mercenary gear, Lina made her way over to a full length mirror to get a better look at herself. Wow, this getup actually makes it look like I have some breasts… That’s pretty nice but, I’m not sure how I feel about everyone else that I meet on the road being able to see that so clearly… She thought to herself with a blush while turning around to get a good view of her backside in the mirror. Gods look at my butt, could it be anymore shiny?! She exclaimed to herself, blushing even more vividly. …But still…It’s kinda hot looking that way… should I wear my cape to cover it, or leave it as is? It looks great, but it’s so embarrassing…I can’t decide…

 “Hey, Kat - -?”

 “I thought you were trying to get away from the sorceress look, Red.” Katibree replied coyly before the sorceress could even finish asking her question. “I mean you’re already wearing the talismans as it is…” She added before turning her attention back to the last of her meal and casually ducking a hairbrush that Lina threw at her without even bothering to look up from her food.

 “At least stay outta my head until I invite you in damn it!” The flustered redhead exclaimed. I swear, sometimes it’s like she can read my mind!

 “All I’m saying is that you’ve admired your backside long enough in private to know that it looks good, so stop worrying about it and give someone else a chance to admire it for a change.” The ex-assassin teased before taking the last bite of her biscuits and gravy and setting the container aside to dispose of later. 

“Well what if I don’t want other people admiring my ass?” Lina shot back while covering her backside protectively with both of her hands and struggling to still stay at least partially serious.

 “I don’t see why not, I’d bet that Greywords would have jumped at the chance to play ‘End Catcher’ with you in that tower you were telling me about if your ass looked the way it does now way back then.” Katibree teased before snickering at the sudden change in the smaller girl’s facial expression. 

“Hawh - - you don’t forget anything I tell you, do you Kat?” The redhead laughed. Jeez, I told her that back when we first met. I was just talking about anything that I could think of to try and break the ice between us… Back then she hardly talked to me at all and I didn’t even really think she was actually listening to what I was saying.

 “Yeah, somewhere along the line I think my brain was replaced with a sponge.” The half elf said while stretching out on the bed luxuriously.

 Well better that, than the brains of a jellyfish I guess… The sorcery genius thought to herself wryly. “So you really think that I should leave the cape off then, Kat?” Lina asked again while giving her ‘assets’ one last glance in the mirror.

 “Definitely.”

 “…Alright then, but I’m warning you right now… The minute some pervert tries to grab or pinch my but… I’m going to beat his ass first, and then I’m gonna turn right back around and kick yours too!” the redhead said in a mock menacing tone of voice.

 “Fair enough, Lina, fair enough.” Katibree replied with a laugh.

 “Ok then, it’s going to be getting dark here in a couple of hours so I’ll just ask one of the castle personnel to inform The Queen that I’ll be gone by tomorrow morning and then we can just fly out of here later on tonight.”

 “That sounds like a great plan Red, but there’s one problem with it… I can’t fly.” Katibree teased.

 “I can teach you how too, you seem to take to magic easily enough.” Lina teased back.

 “Absolutely not.” The half elf said stiffly.

 “Well… I guess I can carry you if you really want me to then Kat…” “I know how much you love that...!” the redhead continued coyly.

 “Oh, you just had to go there didn’t you...?” The ex-assassin said while narrowing her lavender eyes at the sorceress before grabbing a pillow and socking her with it.

 “Oh alright, just for that…” “Oh no Kat…” Lina began in mock concern. “Is that a cut that I see on your arm??” She exclaimed as she began to cast a Recovery spell while creeping toward the mostly platinum haired warrior. “Here, let me get that for you!”

 “Fuck off Inverse!” Katibree couldn’t help but laugh as she up jumped from the bed and began backing away.

 The redhead dispelled the Recovery spell before finally giving in to a fit of laughter.

 “Yeah, that’s real funny.” “Anyway, I’m sure we’ll figure something out.” The ex-assassin said while walking back over to the bed. “But until then, quit hogging the bed.” She added with another laugh.

 

 

Chapter 34

  

Later on that night the two ‘warriors’ made their way out of the Kingdom of Zephilia under the cover of darkness, Lina flying and Katibree following not too far behind on foot. After making it to the outer boarders of the city the half elf led the redhead back to her hastily abandoned campsite. 

(K) “It’s all still here, just the way that I left it…” “I’m- I’m almost offended!”

 “The sorceress in disguise merely snickered at this.

 “What, my stuff isn’t good enough to steal or at least pick through?” The ex-assassin continued as she went through her things.

 “Brigands and the like are pretty scarce in these parts, Kat.” Lina giggled.

 “Do they all steer clear of this area because of your sister too?” Katibree asked as she finally found what she’d been looking for and dug it out of the pack.

 “No, most bandits are stupid enough to still come here, they just don’t last very long when they do.” “Zephilia is practically bursting at the seams with up and coming heroes trying to make a name for themselves.” The redhead explained as she gazed over the half elf’s shoulder to see what she was so interested in. 

“I suppose that makes sense.” “Anyway, here you go.” The mostly platinum haired warrior said while turning around and handing Lina a scimitar with an intricately jeweled sheath. “That should work fine as a second weapon.” She added quietly.

 “Oh Gods, Kat… are you sure that you don’t mind me fighting with this thing??” The sorcery genius exclaimed as she slowly unsheathed the blade while running her ruby colored gaze over the engraved craftsmanship along its shiny surface. It looks like there’s some kind of enchantment on it too…Where’d she get something like this from the outer barrier?

 “It’s fine, Red.” “As far as I’m concerned… you can have it.” The half elf replied as she closed up the sack and hefted it over her shoulder before standing once more.

 She’s going to give me something this valuable just like that…? I-I don’t know what to say… The redhead thought to herself as she studied the designs on the blade. Some of these symbols almost look like runes…I don’t recognize the metal that it’s made out of either…

 “We should get going in the direction of the port soon, Lina.”

 “Huh?” “Oh, right.” The sorceress finally responded while re-sheathing the scimitar and clipping it toward the back of her belt distractedly. “We slept during the day so there’s really no point in setting up camp again.” “It is kinda weird traveling at night though.” She added as they made their way back to the road.

 “Maybe for you, I prefer it honestly.” Katibree replied.

 “Well yeah, but you can see as well at night as you can during the day, sometimes even better.” “I wouldn’t mind traveling at night either with vision like that.” Lina added.

 “It’s not all it’s cracked up to be, I can tell you that much.” The ex-assassin said.

 “Right… like that time when we’d only been traveling together for a few days and I fired that light spell off inside that tunnel to get a better look at everything…?” Lina mused as she placed her hands behind her head as they walked.

 “That was a… very, very painful experience yes…” “And if my memory serves me correctly, you spun around to see what was wrong only to blast me in the face with the sack you where carrying directly afterwards…” The half elf added with some amusement.

 “Yeah, well I thought you were getting attacked or something…” The sorceress said sheepishly.

 “Technically, I was!” the ex-assassin teased her.

 “I apologized for it didn’t I!” Lina said while stifling a giggle.

 “Yes you did…” “While holding the light spell even closer to my face to see what was wrong…” Katibree added with a laugh.

 “Oh jeez, I did do that didn’t I…?” “Oops…” “Ok, ok, ok it was an honest mistake, it’s not like there was anyway for me to know how sensitive your eyes were to light up until that point…” the redhead argued while doing her best not to laugh.

 “This is true.” The mostly platinum haired warrior agreed in mock somberness.

 “And after I found out that the light spell was causing the problem, I did dispel it…” Lina continued sheepishly.

 “You did indeed do that.” “After blinding me and assaulting me with your travel pack first.” She added mischievously. And Lina looses her cool and changes the subject in 3…2…1…and…

 “Look, do ya want me to hit you with it again??” the redhead exclaimed, finally beginning to lose her temper and gesturing with her arms wildly before managing to reign her composure back in. After breathing deeply a moment she decided to change the subject because there was no way around the fact that Katibree totally had her on this one. “Anyway… what’s the story behind this sword you just gave me?” She asked while unsheathing it and holding it up to the moonlight.

 I’ve sooo got her down to a science! Katibree exclaimed to herself before doubling over with laughter, simply dropping the travel pack she’d been carrying.

 “Wha-what the heck’s so funny??” the sorcery genius exclaimed while staring at the half elf in befuddlement.

 “I so have….ahhh shit...!” Was all the half elf could manage before crumpling completely to the ground and descending into another torrent off laughter. 

“Y…you have to take a… crap?” Lina asked uncertainly. W-what’s so funny about that?

 The redhead’s only answer to this question was the half elf rolling around on the ground and laughing even harder than before. 

“Never…never mind… I just… whew.” Katibree managed in between giggles and short gasps for air as she sat up in the middle of the path.

 Lina merely stared down at the half elf silently, blinking at her a few times with a very amused expression on her face. What’s going on inside of that head of hers now?

 The ex-assassin sat in the middle of the path that way, just looking up at the stars a long moment before standing up and brushing herself off and picking the travel pack back up, hefting it over her shoulder once more.

 “Are you… ready to go now, Kat?” “Got it all out of your system?”  Lina added coyly.

 “Yeah, I think so…” The mostly platinum haired warrior said with a sigh.

 “I take it you don’t have to take a crap.” The redhead teased.

 “No, no pooping for me.” The half elf laughed as they continued to walk once more.

 “So… you wanna tell me what that was all about…?”

 “You wouldn’t understand Red… you just wouldn’t understand…”

 “…Alright, I guess I’ll take your word for it…” Lina said with a strange expression on her face. “So you want to tell me about the sword at least?” she added.

 “Well there really isn’t very much to tell.” “It was given to me on my 18th birthday by one of my instructors, and he told me that the scimitar was with me the day I was left on the doorstep of the Guildhall.” “He figured it was a family heirloom or something of that nature so he waited until my 18th birthday to give it to me as is the Guild tradition.” Katibree explained quietly. 

“A family heirloom??” “Then why the heck did ya hand it over to me??” Lina exclaimed in shock.

 “Because I don’t want it.” The ex-assassin said simply.

 “Well…why not?” the redhead sputtered.

 The half elf turned her head to look at the sorceress, holding her gaze a long moment, her luminous lavender colored eyes catching the moonlight and glinting hauntingly in the darkness before finally answering. “What’s the point of treasuring and wielding a family heirloom when I don’t even know who I am?” The pain that she was feeling was wrenchingly apparent in her voice at this moment but she just couldn’t bring herself to care.

 “They just… they just left me there on the doorstep of an assassin guild.” “I’m surprised that they even bothered to name me before I was abandoned.” Katibree continued quietly.

 “Kat…. I-I’m really sorry…I…” Lina  began.

 “It’s alright Lina, like I said before, it’s an excellent weapon… I just don’t care to wield it.”

 Oh Gods, now I feel awful…Kat sounded like she was about ready to cry just now. I guess that… giving away her family heirloom is kinda like… getting back at her parents in a way. I mean I know that it means something to her…she’s always kept it with her up until this point, well minus the false alarm incident that is… and I’ve seen her polish it on more than one occasion although she never used it… The redhead mused to herself as they walked in silence. 

After a period of seemingly endless uncomfortable silence the ex-assassin looked over at  the still brooding sorceress walking along side her. She’s still all down about what I told her just now huh? Isn’t she always the one going on about how I need to lighten up more often because ‘girls aren’t supposed to be all gloomy and stuff’? Well… I guess now’s as good enough time to show her my new trick as any other time… Gods know she’s used it on me enough times… How does she say it again…? ‘Wind which flows gently across the land…’ The half elf placed her hand on the sorcery genius’s shoulder guard nonchalantly with a cat with the cream smile on her face.

 The redhead looked up at her questioningly. “What’s up Kat?” What’s she smiling about…?

 “Mono Volt.” Katibree said coyly.

 “What - - Arrrrrrrrghhh!” She exclaimed as she convulsed, gesturing comically before falling to the ground in a steaming heap.

 Lina sat up blowing out a cloud of smoke and looked at Katibree with a fusion of pure astonishment and annoyance on her soot covered face. She totally just mono volted me… when the hell did she learn to cast that??

 “Pay back’s a bitch, huh Red?”  “Who’s making magic now…?” the half elf teased before running off down the path laughing.

 “Kat-I-BREEEEEEE…!” “DIL BRAND!” Lina exclaimed.

 “You missed me!”

 “FLARE ARROW!”

 “Oh, close but no cigar, Lina!”

 “FIRE BAAAALL!”

 “That the best you got, you couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with those attacks!” The ex-assassin called back egging the sorceress on from much further down the path before taking the time to stop and pull down an eye lid and stick out her tongue while swatting her backside at the redhead mockingly. “Sorcery Genius indeed!” she added!

 I’m gonna make you eat those words Katibree…“Oh, ho HO!” “If that’s the way you want to play it then fine, dodge this!” “Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows…!”

 Katibree stopped taunting and simply stared at Lina in disbelief. “She… she wouldn’t... w-would she…?”

 Apparently the half elf knew the sorcery genius well… but not quite well enough. 

“Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows, I pledge myself to conquer, all the foes who stand, before the might gift bestowed in my unworthy hand!”

“Oh… my fucking… Gods.” The mostly platinum haired warrior managed before she turned and began to sprint away. She’s actually going to do it!!

 “Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed, by the power you and I possess…!”

 “Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!” “You’re fucking crazy Inverse!!” The ex-assassin shouted as she ran away.

 “You learned to cast one spell and decided to get out of the kiddy pool to play with the adults all on your own, so here you go Katibree!” Lina exclaimed gleefully. “DRAGON SLAVE!” 

A few moments later the redhead spotted a twitching arm sticking out from underneath some scorched forest debris and began to push them aside while humming pleasantly.

 “Did I get you that time?” the sorcery genius asked the ex-assassin coyly, once she’d uncovered her face.

 “You are the most obnoxious and craziest person that I have ever met, Inverse.” The half elf wheezed as she pull herself the rest of the way out of the smoking timbers while taking in the sheer massiveness of the several mile wide crater that the sorceress’s spell had left.

 “Just wait until you meet the rest of the gang.” Lina said cheerfully while slapping Katibree on the back.

 “If they’re even half as crazy as you are… I’m not sure that I even want to anymore.” The ex-assassin replied while stifling a laugh. Fuck, that stings…

 “Want a heal…?” The redhead asked coyly after a few minutes of walking in silence.

 *WHAP!*

(L) “OW, alright, alright I was just checking!” the sorceress laughed while holding her head.


 

Chapter 35

  

(L) “So this is the ship…?” Lina asked the half elf as the two girls neared a large moored vessel. “It looks pretty rundown, are you sure this thing is even seaworthy, Kat?” she added, giving the ship a once over with a dubious expression on her face.

 “Well, it wasn’t built for looks Lina, but the design is solid enough.” “Its original purpose was to combat and withstand the attacks of sea monsters, not ferry people to and from my side of the barrier.” The ex-assassin explained to the sorceress / ‘mercenary’. “But. I don’t recognize any of the crew this time around…” she added thoughtfully. 

“That explains why this crew is the only crew with enough nerve to leave port right now with all of the ship attacks going on lately then I guess.” The redhead mused more to herself than to Katibree as the two of them finally made their way to the base of the loading ramp.

 The Captain of the ship, who stood at the bottom of the boarding ramp accepting the fee for passage, gave the two a slow once over before finally speaking. “That’ll be 15 gold per person he said gruffly.”

 (L) “HAWH, that’s robbery!” “I just heard you charge the guy in front of us 8 gold to board the damn ship!” She exclaimed while placing her face mere inches from the Captain’s own bearded face.

 The ex-assassin just shook her head while taking a step back and clasping her hands behind her head casually. Wrong answer grandpa…

 (C) “Everyone knows that woman’r bad luck on ships, the additional fee is for the added peril of having you two ‘bleeders’ on board.” The man stated flatly. 

(K) Oh… my… heavens… The half elf thought to herself while considering taking another step back from the exchange, before finally deciding against it. 

“B-bleeders?!” “Just who the hell do you think you are, you shriveled up old octopus?!” “You can’t just… you can’t just go and charge us 14 extra gold because of some totally unfounded belief thatyouhavenoprooftosupport!” The redhead virtually exploded.

 “Actually that’s only 10 extra gold of the fee.” The Captain replied while folding his arms in disinterest.

 “Then what the hell are the other 2 extra gold a piece for?” Lina fumed through gritted teeth.

 “One gold a piece is for the manual labor and chores that little girls such as yerself will be unable to do.” “All of the cooking and cleaning billets have already been filled.” The bearded man stated matter of factly.

 (L) “Grrrrrrrrrrrr…”

 “And the other gold piece from each of ya will be to pay for us protecting ya against any sea monster that may attack us during the voyage.” The Captain finished calmly.

 “PAY you for our PROTECTION?!” “Oh-ho-hoo, you’ve got some serious nerve grandpa!” The sorceress exploded irately as she began to charge a Dragon Slave.

 If I don’t do something quickly, this entire port is about to cease to be… leaving us with no way to get back to my side of the barrier. Katibree thought to herself before stepping forward and grabbing the madly gesturing and ranting redhead from behind and restraining her as much as possible. “Relax, Red.” She said calmly.

 “Whatdaya mean RELAX?!” “Did you hear anything that this asshole just said??” Lina exclaimed to the half elf while still struggling.

 “Of course I did.” The ex-assassin replied calmly. “However this ‘asshole’ is the only ride we have to get to where we need to go right now…” “I’ve got this one, trust me.” She added quietly.

 Lina eventually stopped struggling and just stood there, glaring at The Captain for a long moment, the intensity of her ruby colored gaze boring into the man enough to make him shift his weight uncomfortably before she finally closed her eyes and took a deep breath.”

 “You good?” The half elf asked Lina wryly.

 “I’m good.” The sorceress in mercenary’s gear huffed.

 “I’m letting go now…” “…No destroying the port?” Katibree reiterated.

 “…No destroying the port.” Lina finally affirmed with a sigh.

 The Captain looked from one girl to the other swallowing uneasily. N-no destroying the port?

 At this the ex-assassin released the redhead and stepped from behind her, walking up directly to the Captain before removing the hood of her cloak to look him directly in the eyes unhindered.

 “First of all, your rules are ridiculous and outdated.” “We live in modern times now and I seriously doubt that you even believe that load that you just fed us completely yourself.” “Secondly, the person currently smoldering behind me is Lina Inverse.” The half elf paused a moment as this information sank in.

 The Captain remained wordless, but began turning as white as a ghost.

 “I’m assuming by your reaction that you’ve heard of her.” “Thirdly, considering that she was about to turn you and everything within a few miles of us into a smoking crater just now because you pissed her off so badly, I also seriously doubt that we need to pay for you and the rest of the crews’ ‘protection’.” Katibree continued. 

The man began to go an interesting blue color at this.

 “Fourthly, instead of paying the regular 8 gold a piece, I’d say we deserve a discount now.” “If not for the fact that she didn’t end you and the rest of this ports’ existence just now, then perhaps as gratitude for saving the sorry hides of you and your crew as well as the rest of the world on multiple occasions when it would have otherwise been destroyed.”

 The Captain stood there stammering wordlessly at this.

 “Hum… now that I think about it…” The half elf pondered while rubbing her chin thoughtfully.” “I’d say that the added bonus of us protecting your ship from any would be attackers probably puts us at right around… I don’t know… 0 gold for a fee” “What do you think, Lina?” Katibree asked over her shoulder while moving out of the way to give the man a full view of Lina smiling at him vindictively.

 “That definitely sounds fair to me, Kat.” Lina responded, never taking her eyes off of the man in front of her. “So what do you say about that offer then, ‘Skipper’?” She asked with a dangerous edge to her voice.

 Just then a burly sailor walked down the ramp to check on the Captain. “These lil’ girls giving you some trouble sir?” “I’d be more than happy ta deal wit - -“

 (L) “Fireball.”

 (BS) “Arrrrggggggggh!”

 (L) “So, do we have a deal or not?” the redhead reiterated to the Captain impatiently, not skipping a beat as the sailor next to the bearded man lay twitching and smoking in a heap.

 “Y-yes of course, right this way Ms. I-Inverse…” The Skipper stammered before beginning to turn around.

 (K) “Oh and Captain?” Katibree asked while pushing back that same rouge crimson lock of hair behind a pointed ear like she always did

 “Y-yes…?” The bearded man asked while turning back around.

 “It would also be in your ‘best interest’ not to divulge the true identity of my partner to anyone, or mention the location to which we are traveling to at anytime.” “If an enemy of ours gets a hold of this information and I trace it back to you… well let’s just say, I can’t erase an entire Kingdom with the snap of my fingers… but I do have my own ‘talents’, and I will find you and deal with you.”  Katibree said, her lavender colored eyes flashing dangerously.

 “U-understood Madam, this way please…” “I’ll have the finest quarters prepared for ye…”

 (K) “Much obliged Captain.” The ex-assassin said while pulling her the hood attached to her cloak up and over her head once more.

 (L) “Now that’s more like it!” Way- to- go- Katibree!

 The two girls followed the nervous Captain up the boarding ramp and into the bowels of the ship, ignoring the stares and the occasional lewd comments that the surrounding sailors made before finally making it to the room the two were to stay in.

 (C) “Here be our most lavish quarters young ladies.” “I’ll send someone up to make the room more to yer liking here in a moment…”

 The half elf peered into the room that the Skipper was referring to. It was a modest size with a bed that was smaller than either of them were used to sleeping in with another person in it, but it was pretty nice by ship standards. Katibree looked over at Lina while raising a mostly platinum colored eyebrow inquisitively at her.

 The redhead gave the ex-assassin an I-could-care-less gesture before turning to the Captain and speaking once again. “Don’t bother sending anyone up unless they’re bringing food, the room is fine the way it is.” She stated bluntly before walking into the cabin without another word  and dropping the pack that she’d been carrying on the floor unceremoniously.

(K) “I guess we’ll be seeing you if the ship needs any… ‘protection’ from us ‘bleeders’ then Captain.” The ex-assassin laughed before closing the door to the cabin behind her.

 (L) “Jeez, I still can’t believe the nerve of that jerk!” the sorceress fumed while plopping down on the bed and removing first one black boot and then the other.

 “Yeah, that guy was something else.” “It really does take all kinds…” The mostly platinum haired warrior said wistfully while walking over to the other side of the room and peering through a porthole serving as their window.

 “I’m not sure how you managed to stay so calm with him insulting us like that Kat, but the way you broke him down was really impressive…” “I was starting to think that the guy was going to drop a brick in his pants!” Lina added with a giggle.

 “Well, it really didn’t help him any that you where standing behind me the entire conversation emanating an aura of death as I laid the facts out on the table for him…” the half elf replied with a laugh. “When you’re that angry even I get a little worried.” She added after removing her cloak and beginning to fold it with a small smile on her face. Well… I suppose that ‘a little’ is somewhat of an understatement there.

 “I guess not!” the sorceress said with a laugh as she began removing her Talismans, setting them in a box formation on the bed as she took them off.

 “What are you up to now?”

 “Well, I’ve been working some stuff about the Talismans out in my head and I think I just figured something out.” The redhead explained while turning around to sit cross-legged on the bed facing the Talismans before placing her hands over them and closing her eyes.

 “Whew, it’s just go, go, go with you.” Katibree said while removing her boots and bracers. “I’ve got to get some shut eye, so good luck with that Red.” She added while laying down horizontally on the top end of the bed not being occupied by the sorcery genius, her legs and an arm dangling over either side of it lazily.

 “Oh, I can do this on the floor no problem Kat.” Lina said after reopening her ruby colored eyes and stifling a giggle at the sight of the half elf sprawled across the bed in front of her. She looks like a big lazy house cat laying that way. The redhead thought to herself with amusement.

 “I’m fine just the way I am… Just kick me or something when you’re ready for me to move so you can get some sleep too.” The ex-assassin half said half mumbled into the mattress that he face was partially buried in.

 The sorceress watched the half elf silently a couple of moments while smiling before finally responding back. “…Ok, suit yourself.” She finally replied before extending her hands out over the Talismans once more and faltering before removing her fingerless gloves as an afterthought and trying once again.

 “Ok, that’s better.” She said to herself approvingly before closing her ruby colored eyes and concentrating once more.

Previous (Chapters 26-30)          Next (Chapters 36-40)

Go Back To Archive