Author:  Zephilia_Wine
Title:  New Revelations : Chapters 6 - 10

 

This fan fiction is purely fan made (thus the name FAN fiction) and is in no way actually affiliated with the creators of the actual Slayers franchise. I do not own Slayers and no copyright infringement is intended, nor is any profit being made off of this work of fiction.

 

A warning to all who decide to continue to read this work... The story is fairly tame now, but will INEVITABLY contain scenes of graphic, descriptive violence, as well as sex. This will be a Yuri Fanfic as well so it will contain girl on girl sexual situations.

 

If you are offended by any of the things mentioned above or are NOT 18 years of age or older, TURN BACK NOW. You have been warned... now let the good times commence!

 

New Revelations

Chapter Selection

Chapter 6

 

 "Hey you! Don't just walk away when I'm talking to ya!" the burly bandit drawled at the black hooded figure blatantly ignoring him. "This is a robbery bitch..!" he added angrily. "Fine, have it your way!" he roared charging the hooded figure from behind, a poorly kept broad sword raised high.

 Don't the people over here have anything better to do with their lives? She wondered, snapping her blades out of their odd sheaths with a barely noticeable motion. 

As the bandit neared, the assassin merely side stepped with a backhanded spin, slicing him neatly at the base of his skull and simultaneously removing his coin pouch with one fluid motion. She was already on her way again before the bandit's own momentum allowed his corpse to even completely touch the ground.

 Hum, it's heavier than it sounded. She mused as she studied the beaten up pouch.

Well, I'm still not used to the currency around here yet i suppose. I'll get it down soon enough. She thought to herself, shrugging carelessly.

Either way, according to the map that merchant was trying to sell me...the town that I'm headed to should be just a few days travel down this road. 

After going over the image of the map one last time in her mind, the half elf quickened her pace in the direction of the obscure mountain town known only as "The Gauntlet" to so many bandits and thieves this side of the barrier.

 


 

Chapter 7

 

 It's been a long time since I've been on the road alone. Lina brooded to herself as she walked along the dirt path with her hands clasped behind her head. 

It sucks worse than what I remembered actually. Where's a random bandit gang attack to break the boredom when you need one anyway?

"Oh, well." she sighed audibly. "I've walked long enough to get some stamina back, and that fish from earlier really hit the spot too, time to take to the air again. I've really been pushing myself pretty hard to make good time, but it's definitely not a good thing to keep my sister waiting...Ray Wing!”

 At this rate it'll still take a couple of days to get to Zephilia... Lina pondered doing a lazy loop as she sped through the air, her red tresses and cape trailing behind her.

I'm pretty sure I've got at least a decent idea of what this summons is all about... But what I don't get is how it could have possibly been done with the person getting away completely undetected. There has to be someone in on this from the inside that gave the assassin information on this for the operation to have run so smoothly. The sorceress deducted.

 She swooped down lower and brushed her hands across the top of a few of the taller trees absently as she considered the situation further.

It had to have been a one man job; I really don't see how more than one person could have squeezed past all the security, magical alarms, and traps so easily --Did I just hear voices? Lina asked interrupting her thoughts and slowing her flight speed dramatically.

 This is area isn't commonly traveled at all. the redhead thought to herself as she doubled back, dropping altitude and flying in the direction of the voices more slowly.

Probably a bandit attack... looks like I might get a little action after all and a fatter coin purse too!

 


 "OK blue wench, you can see yer completely surrounded. Just hand over the goods and maybe we'll let ya live." the Bandit boss said with a laugh.

 Blue wench, that's original. the half elf thought to herself dryly, as she scanned the positioning and postures of the bandit group silently.

There are 5 others behind me, it sounds like. She continued while studying her visible opponents with a bored expression on her face -- What the hell was that?

Something or someone with some serious magical kick just shot by... she thought barely stifling the urge to reach for her weapons prematurely as well as break eye contact with the Bandit boss still addressing her.

 "Don't just stand there, didn't you hear what I just said?" the leader of the gang shouted at her, brandishing his long sword. "This is a shake down, so drop your loot on the ground unless you want to get hurt!"

 This is getting very old. The assassin thought to herself with more than a little agitation.

And whatever that was is backtracking in this direction now. I've never felt anything like this before, my skin feels like its on fire... She thought feverishly while stifling a gasp and struggling to keep her facade of disinterested composure up.

 She closed her eyes and folded her arms in a feigned display of rudeness and dismissal as her in-fared vision fired involuntarily in response to the growing intensity of the magical energy, blinding her temporarily in the brilliance of broad daylight.

Well now, it looks like this fight just turned interesting." the assassin thought to herself with a smirk.

 "Does anyone on this side of the barrier actually have a real job?" she asked the Bandit boss pointedly.

"Step aside if you value your life at all." she added dryly, opening her eyes a slit to see if her eyesight had returned at least partially.

More than enough to fight these imbeciles. she thought to herself once again resisting the urge to turn and look in the direction that the stifling magic energy barrage was coming from.

  As if on cue, the Bandit boss bellowed for his men to attack, angered by the half elf's display of arrogance.

 "Smoke and mirrors, cloak and daggers." she whispered, concentrating on her words to dull the burning sensation of her skin as well as help her focus on the sound of several pairs of approaching footsteps.

 


 

 What's going on here? Lina wondered as she landed on a large tree limb quietly to survey the situation without being too easily noticed.

Some chick surrounded by a bandit gang huh? Looks like only 10 of them; I don't see any stragglers hiding in the bushes anywhere. What’s she doing all the way out here by herself anyway? The redhead wondered as she made note of the women's traveling attire and appearance.

I'd say from her features that she's half elven but, I've never seen or heard of a race of elves with blue skin before...Either way, she's no typical warrior or even a mercenary from what I can tell based on her armor --

 After nearly face faulting out of the tree due to a smart ass remark about the work ethics of people on this side of the barrier from the mysterious women, Lina regained her balance and continued to watch the events happening with growing interest.

Sure does get to the point doesn't she? The sorceress thought to herself, sweat-dropping and scratching the back of her head.

Time to see what outer barrier girl's got.

 

The 9 bandits approached first stalking and then charging as the Bandit boss stood back jeering. Suddenly the cloaked women produced two small daggers and flung them with ruthless accuracy, one lodging itself in a charging bandit's eye and the other in the hollow of the no longer jeering Bandit bosses' throat.

 As soon as her hands released the daggers, she yanked them back and down towards her blades, snapping them out of their sheaths while simultaneously side stepping the now one eyed bandit and shoving him into the path of the attackers behind her. Now completely out of control, the unfortunate bandit stumbled and fell impaling himself on the blade of a distracted companion taking him down as well with the force of the impact.

 Continuing to spin with the momentum she began when she turned to shove the previous bandit past her into flanking enemies, the half elf dropped down with one hand on the ground and the other extended outwards performing something that looked like a modified sweep attack. This display soon turned into what Lina could only think to describe as a bladed tornado as the mysterious woman's attacks picked up speed, parrying and countering attacks with blinding and frightening accuracy.

 The clash of steel on steel almost sounds like one continuous sound... I can barely follow her movements at all..." Lina thought gawking at the spectacle.

This chick is bad news... But the fighting is kind of... beautiful in a horrible way. Like a dance of death or something. Still, as intresting as it is to watch... I'd rather be doing the butt kicking myself.

 The fight was over in a matter of seconds and the mysterious women didn't even seem to be winded. Lina was in the process of working up the nerve to say something against her better judgment when, suddenly the half elf turned to took directly at her. 

Time seemed to stand still for a moment as cool lavender colored eyes met and locked with blazing ruby ones.

 She already knew I was watching the fight...? I... I guess she caught a glimpse of me in the tree while she was doing all of that flashy acrobatic stuff.

Oh well, mine as well say something to her now...

 "Hey, you're not too shabby!" Lina exclaimed, giving her crimson hair a careless toss before jumping down from her perch and landing with a dramatic flip.

 The energy is coming directly from her...? the assassin thought with amazement.

It's getting hard to think straight. The burning sensation doesn't seem to be centered on my skin anymore, now it's different and feels like it's coursing directly through my body...

 "Help yourself to the spoils, I have all that I care to carry." the mysterious women said as she turned to leave.

 Lina glanced over at the scene of carnage doubtfully.

Pretty messy... they'd probably haunt me or something. Most of those guys where dead before they even hit the ground...Nah, I'll pass, picking through fresh gore isn't really my --

Hey, she's just walking away!

"So what's someone of your profession doing this far away from home anyway?" Lina called after her coyly.

 What did she just say? What exactly does she mean by my profession..? The assassin wondered bringing herself to a complete halt.

 Against her better judgment Lina closed the distance between the two of them once again.

It's not like I'm not already in striking distance as fast as she moves.

 It'd sure be nice to have Gourry to back me up just incase anything happens, but I'm a big girl... I can handle myself.

 ”You're pretty good, so it's obvious you aren't traveling around scrounging for work." the redhead continued.

 The half elf turned to Lina, studying her carefully before responding. "It's only natural to be curious about an area that was completely inaccessible so short of a period of time ago." she replied.

 She's got a point there. I was just taking shots in the dark anyway really, but there's definitely more to this girl than meets the eye. the sorceress pondered, giving the mysterious woman another once-over now that she had a chance for a closer look.

 "Either way, I really must get going." the mysterious woman continued while turning to leave again.

 "Hey hold up a sec, I didn't catch your name!" the redhead called after her. "My name's Lina, Lina Inverse!"

 Lina the pink, that explains a lot. I've read about her. I feel like I'm about to pass out, need to get away from here... away from her. The assassin thought to herself feverishly as her eyes switched over to heat vision once again against her will, effectively blinding her once more.

 "Just call me Katibree." the half elf replied before turning to leave again.

I hope I'm walking in the right direction, I can't see a thing..." she thought to herself.

 Katibree huh? That's pretty.

 Not exactly the response that I was expecting though. Lina thought dejectedly.

I guess she hasn't heard of me...Still, I can't shake off the feeling that we're going to be crossing paths again really soon.

 "Well, I guess I'll see you around then Katibree. Ray Wing!" And with that the sorceress was off like a shot. She looked over her shoulder and saw that Katibree had turned around once again and was watching her departure. Smiling with some satisfaction, Lina showed off with a few spins and loops before picking up speed in the direction of Zephilia.

 Katibree stood there watching until Lina was completely out of sight before she staggered off to the side of the road, leaning up against a tree and then slowly sliding down it with a deep shuddering sigh.

The sensation coursing through her body was fading, but leaving an after effect that was starting to feel oddly...

Sensual? What the hell's that all about? I don't need this shit. The assassin said to herself out loud.

 


  

 

"Lina Inverse, thank you for arriving here on such short notice." The Eternal Queen said. "I have a task that I require you to perform, as the Cepheid Knight is predisposed at the moment with another matter."

 Great, playing stand-in for Luna again. The sorceress thought to herself gloomily. The redhead merely folded her arms, and nodded her head in affirmation, not trusting herself to respond verbally without spouting off with one snide comment or another.

 "The reason that I have requested for you to come alone is purely for security reasons you do understand."

Lina nodded once again in response to the Queen's question.

 "Two members of my high council have been assassinated and no-one thus far has been able to provide me with even one legitimate suspect to be questioned in this case." The Eternal Queen continued.

 Lina did her best to stifle a yawn while feigning interest in what the Queen had to say. Tell me something I haven't already figured out lady. She thought to herself, bored.

 "In closing, I wish for you to head the investigation and get to the bottom of this situation." The Eternal Queen finished.

 "I understand, and I'm assuming there aren't any living witnesses to any of this?" Lina asked. "Someone who may have caught at-least a fleeting glance of the assassin?" 

"No one. Even the elite sentries guarding the quarters of the council members where slain without a struggle" The Queen added dejectedly.

 Some elite sentries... jeez.

"And nothing was detected by the magical scrying devices around the grounds either?" The sorceress asked, trying her best to keep her dry, I've-already-figured-this-out-tone at bay.

 The Matriarch simply shook her head in response.

 "Alright, well, where are the bodies then? I may be able to get something to go on by taking a look at them." Lina added, after receiving a strange expression from the Queen.

 "I'm sorry, but they were burned during the funeral ceremony as is the Zephilian custom." the Eternal Queen replied sheepishly.

 You have GOT to be KIDDING me! No WONDER these guys aren't having any luck in their investigation of this incident! They're completely incompetent! The redhead fumed to herself silently.

 "Fine, the bodies didn't just... get up, walk off, and prepare themselves for the funeral..." Lina began, unable to keep her sarcasm in check any longer.

"So can you have someone sent to talk to me who's gotten a good look at the bodies’ at-least?" she finished, gritting her teeth with the effort of remaining somewhat polite. 

"Yes, that can indeed be arranged." The dictator of Zephilia affirmed, seemingly completely oblivious of Lina's sarcasm. "Until this matter has been settled, I shall grant you full access to the castle and its facilities. Your quarters are being prepared as we speak." The Queen added.

 Full access? Royal cuisine here I come!! Lina thought to herself, her grin showing a single fang.

 "Well, I'd better get going on this whole investigation thing then, your highness!" Lina exclaimed hurriedly.

 "Very well, Ms. Inverse.Oh, and Lina the Pink...?" the Zephilian dictator added.

 Lina turned around, balking at the use of the unwanted title she'd acquired at the Sorcerers Guild so many years ago. "Yes your highness?" the redhead asked, grimacing slightly as she turned back around.

 "Try your best not to... destroy anything too costly during your say here..."

 "Eh, heh, heh... right." Lina replied blushing profusely before turning once again to make a B-line for the royal dining area. 

Argh, couldn't the Sorcerers Guild have assigned me a less embarrassing color? Lina brooded to herself as she made her way out of the throne room.

Jeez, there's Tarim the Violet, Damia the Blue, Halcyform the White... and then me... Lina the Pink.

 "Hoooownnn I hate that title!" the sorceress exclaimed out-loud to no-one in particular. "Oh well, I'm sure some free royal cuisine will make me feel better!" she added cheerfully.

 Before long Lina was peering into one the castles many enormous kitchens and gesturing to the first chef she saw enthusiastically. "You guys wouldn't happen to have any dragon cuisine close to being ready within the next few days now would you?" the redhead asked the bewildered chef, a cat with the cream expression on her face.

Previous (Chapters 1-5)          Next (Chapters 11-15)

 

Go Back To Archive